As a parent with a young child, choosing the best preschool can become a challenging process. You will naturally want to give your child the best opportunities and earliest education possible. Join us as we discuss precisely what features you should be looking for, in order to easily identify and select the ideal early education for your child.
One of the most important considerations, when choosing a preschool, is the professionalism of the teaching staff. A daycare facility which displays a frequent change of staff or teachers should most likely be avoided. Seek out child care facilities that maintain the same teaching staff for extended periods of time. This will often indicate how well the staff is treated which, in turn, can affect your child’s well-being, and the type of child care you can expect. It is always advisable not to compromise your child’s health, development or education, in any way.
We have an open-door policy where a parent can walk into a classroom at any time, assuring you that your child is safe and secure. We are equipped with an online-cam as well. You can simply log in and watch your child learning, having fun and enjoying the awesome experiences that we offer.
Choose the preschool that maintains a higher standard in terms of specialized child care. We provide a safe, secure learning environment and superior early education, which caters to each child, as a unique individual. Choose Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Las Vegas, Nevada. We offer an AdvancED™ accredited program. Contact us if you are interested in an exceptional experience for your preschooler.Show Less
Observing a young child at play, many parents may wonder what is going on, and why so much time is dedicated to play in preschool and day care environments. During your child’s first five years of life, most of his or her total brain development takes place. Much of this development is impacted during the times your child is playing. Here we take a look at the benefits of play for your child’s brain development:
Play allows for exploration
Play is an excellent way for your child to explore the world through creative and imaginative fun. Your child will learn about social cues, how to communicate, and how to get along with others by acting out scenes and scenarios. Your child will also learn about problem solving, and this is one of the major benefits that makes explorative play so effective.
Play fortifies valuable lessons
Another major reason why play is considered so vital in day care and preschool is that, while your child is having fun, strong neural pathways are developing. Activities undertaken during play help to strengthen these neural pathways. The reinforcement of neural pathways sets a strong foundation for future learning.
Other important benefits
Play allows your child to develop language skills and, when using the entire body, can help refine fine and gross motor skills. During play your child will begin to develop self-esteem and independence, and play is also a good way for your child to channel energy in a positive manner.
Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Las Vegas, Nevada offers early childhood development that focuses on your child’s brain development and learning. We ensure that play is a fundamental part of our preschool curriculum, and that your child will have the best opportunity for success. Contact us here for more details about our excellent child care services.Show Less
For any infant, a safe and comfortable sleeping environment must be provided at all times. By ensuring that a few prerequisites are met, you can rest easily knowing that your infant is safe in the crib. Here are a few things parents can do to ensure a safe sleeping environment for their infant:
Purchasing and installing a crib
When purchasing a crib, you need to be sure that it is deep enough and that the bars are no more than 2.6 inches apart. All that should be present in the crib when your infant is asleep is a firm mattress and a fitted sheet. Your child does not need pillows, bumper pads or any toys present in the crib during sleep. In fact, these items are considered hazardous and pose a higher risk of SIDS.
Make sure that your baby sleeps safe and sound by keeping the room’s temperature between 67 and 72 degrees Fahrenheit. Keep your baby’s crib far away from radiators and fans. When it comes to clothing, choosing snug-fitting clothing that does not lead to overheating.
Place your infant on the back
Numerous studies by infant care specialists indicate that babies who sleep on the back are far less likely to suffer from various conditions such as SIDS and unforeseen injuries. Also, newborn infants often get into the habit of sleeping in the same way they are first placed. Thus, with the right habits from the start, you do not need to place any sleep positioners in the crib, since these can increase unnecessary health and physiological risks.Show Less
Brain development is essential during your child’s preschool years and is why choosing the best fit for an early learning environment is an important first step towards future academic success. A child’s ability to flourish, develop skills, and benefit from a loving environment, should be considered when researching and choosing a preschool provider.
At Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Las Vegas, our preschoolers benefit from the AdvancED™ accredited program, which is recognized as a quality school system. Preschoolers are just beginning to explore, do things independently, and make new discoveries. The latter is why we have designed our Fast Track Curriculum™ with age-appropriate activities that both challenge and excite young minds.
Our Fast Track Curriculum™ includes:
- Child-directed learning that allows preschoolers to process what they hear, see, and read into learning at an individualized pace, which is not frustrating or overwhelming.
- Language, physical, and cognitive development focused on learning milestones for each child and individual levels of achievement
- Small group activities are planned daily for every child
We have designed our preschool for young minds and to inspire our students to love learning. Some of our activities include spelling games, group activities, and other challenges to educate while having fun. We know that children learn best when having fun.
Our preschool Fast Track Curriculum™ makes it possible for your child to maximize brain development and participate in a multitude of subjects that are specific to early learning. We provide the best environment for your child, staffed by loving professionals..
For more information about our Learning Academy or curriculum, contact Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Las Vegas today.Show Less
Babies are amazing in that, given the right circumstances, opportunities, love and attention, they can grow up to be wonderful and successful human beings. This raises a question for many parents: How can I help my baby’s brain develop in the right way for him or her to become a healthy individual? Are there fun activities that my infant will enjoy that can promote their positive growth at this early stage in his life?
Learning through doing, seeing and interacting
Babies are fantastic in the way that they are constantly absorbing massive amounts of information about the world around them. This means that any and every activity or stimulation that your child receives helps them grow and develop, be it in a positive or negative way. Infants absorb everything which means it is important for parents to provide the right environment to ensure a positive outcome. This, of course, also means that hours spent in a daycare environment with minimal stimulation can hinder a child’s development.
The right learning environment
To ensure that your child has the best chance at an exciting and successful life, you should consider enrolling him or her at Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Las Vegas. We are infant and child care specialists who excel in assisting each of our students in reaching their optimal brain development along with acquiring intellectual, emotional and social skills. We achieve this through fun, stimulating learning activities and by providing love, patience and understanding. Most parents do not expect this level of care from a typical day care.
Trust Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Las Vegas because we are specialists in brain development. We promote learning through fun and interactive play. Contact us here for more details about our superior services or feel free to visit our state-of-the-art development facilities.Show Less
Bath time is a great way to wind down from the day’s activities and bond with your infant. Child safe toys and activities will help give your child essential brain stimulation and make bath time just as fun as any other play time:
- Brightly colored bath ducks. These ducks will not only entertain your infant, they will also help your child to learn about different colors. Splashing around with these bobbing, bright toys is sure to provide an entertaining distraction.
- Waterproof storybooks. If your child loves story time, then these are the perfect bath time toys. With brightly colored pictures, a story you can read with pages to turn and splash in the water will help your child enjoy every moment.
- Number sponges. With a fascinating texture, your child will love squeezing these bath toys as much as he enjoys the interesting shapes. This makes a great introductory toy for learning about numbers.
How to safely bathe your infant
- First, make sure the bath is not too hot. Use a thermometer or your wrist or elbow to check the temperature of the water before starting the process. You can fill the bath to about three inches of warm water and use a cup to pour water on your child, keeping them warm and making bath time easier.
- Never leave your infant alone in a bath, not even for a second. Your infant needs to be supported at all times to ensure that they do not slip over.
- Lower your infant into the bath gently, using one hand to hold the upper arm and support his head and shoulders.
- Choose infant specific bath products and avoid scented products, as they can easily dry and irritate your child’s sensitive skin.
If you are looking for a child care facility that emphasises a safe, caring learning environment, consider Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academy of Las Vegas. Our innovative infant program offers your child healthy developmental stimulation through daily exercises, storytime, sign language, cuddles and play time with peers. Our 1:4 teacher to infant ratio and state-of-the-art facility ensures that your child will be supervised and kept safe at all times. For more information on our infant program, please contact us today.Show Less
The first five years of life are pivotal for a child's development and academic future. During this time of unprecedented development, billions of brain cells are either activated or lost forever. Triggering these brain cells through a variety of activities is essential for the development of cognitive, emotional, language and physical abilities.
Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academy of Las Vegas is committed to creating a loving environment where pre-schoolers can flourish in both mind and body. Our AdvancED accredited pre-school program is specifically designed to help children excel in a stimulating, supportive, and fun environment. Our dedicated staff focuses on a child's individual skills through group activities combined with child-directed play. A few of our activities to boost this period of essential growth include:
- Building tasks. Our Construction Station teaches pre-schoolers how to both build and disassemble complex structures. This promotes hand-eye coordination, inspires teamwork, and emphasizes communication, all while they learn about architecture.
- Exploration. Pre-schoolers have endless curiosity about the world, which should be encouraged and nurtured. The Exploration and Discovery Station teach children about classifying different objects, experimenting through fun science experiments, and problem solving.
- Sensory tasks. At this young age, learning about using all the different senses is important. The Sensory Station allows children to touch, taste, smell, see, and hear for the enhanced development of creative and fine motor skills.
- Creative tasks. Our Imagination Station helps guide children towards developing healthy social skills, self-confidence, and respect for others in a fun and creative environment.
- Musical tasks. Our Music and Movement Station emphasizes having fun with others while also developing pattern recognition skills, coordination, and listening abilities.
- Writing and reading tasks. At the Library and Writing Stations, children learn how writing and communication are linked, which assists them with expanding their vocabularies, increasing their listening skills, and enhancing fine motor abilities. During your child's time with us, they will receive an abundance of love, support, and individualized attention, while also participating in development-orientated tasks that maximize their mental capacity.
Parents can continue this learning experience outside of pre-school through quality child-friendly activities such as those offered at the Discovery Children's Museum. At the museum, your child will be encouraged to build, explore, invent, get creative, and play with others, all while having fun!
For more information about our Learning Academy or our pre-school curriculum, please contact us today.Show Less